I just got an email from a merchant and it made me wonder what they were thinking. It made me quit the affiliate program asap.
We have made substantial changes to our Affiliate Program. Please take the time to read this article and make your own adjustments as needed.
1. We have reduced the commission rates from 20%, to 15%
2. We have changed the tracking period from 90 days, to 60 days
3. We have removed the Two-Tier commission opportunity
4. We have removed SEVERAL ad banners and changed the links on others. Please make sure you update your site appropriately
5. ALL coupons are effectively invalid as we are in the process of developing a brand new website.
PLEASE REMOVE ALL COUPONS UNTIL WE NOTIFY YOU OF UPDATED ONES
6. We will only be marketing and shipping to the USA. Affiliates should take care to make sure that we are posted as a “US Only” business
7. ALL database files are now invalid as a result of the change in our website. Please disconnect your feed until we notify you that the new database is available.
We apologize for the changes as we know it will be an inconvenience for many of you to update your site but it was time for us to redesign our website which is the cost for all of these changes.
We will keep you posted and thank you as always for participating in our program.
So they are cutting the commission rate, shortening the cookie, removed two tier, killed banners and my links without even telling me which ones. Removed all the coupons, cut the shipping down to only the USA, and killed their own database. They claim they are using the money they would give affiliates to pay for a new website? That can’t be right. It is only a matter of time before this affiliate program has no affiliates. BTW right now their site is down for maintenance. I feel sorry for the affiliates using PPC right now.